Shenggie =]

!@#$%^&*(O)

A Glimps of ME.

My photo
Mpls, in lala land
10 Facts About me you should know; 1. I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters 2. I like taking pictures (of myself of course 3. My favorite color is Green 4. I am a big time TWIlIGHT FAN 5. My current favorite k-drama is Boys Before Flowers 6. I am a Junior to be... hahas 7. My favorite subjects are Math& Science 8. I love my IPOD 9. My favorite drink is mountain dew super nova style 10. My role model is my oler sister.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Persepolis Blog #2

4.)Percepolis is organized like what any other book is organized like, it has a beginning, middle & end. It has parts, like chapters, except, instead of saying "ch.1" she has big title headers ex. The bicycles, The water cell, Percepolis etc... What I thoght that she tried to emphasize the most during her childhood was "the innocence" of being a child itself. I bet yo that she's trying to say that even though there may be a war, revolution, or w/e that there is going on that a kid will always be a kid, no matter what! And you might think taht i'm thinking a bit too much but, I think that the time is presented by the way Marji thinks. At the begining and middle of book, I noticed that Marji, like any other kid, is really striaght fowward. LOL, yes, I still remember when I was a kid and when my mommy said that there was a monster living in my closet I believed in it. And when I thought that somebody's clothes were ulgy, I said it out lound, without thinking about the other person's feeling. Marji, in the book, believe her teacher when she said that the shah was chosen by god, and that a "vacation" was really a vacation. But then towards the ending of the book, she knew what a "vacation" really meant. And to me that seemed like a sense of maturity, and we all know that maturity meant growing up. & thinking about it now, I still do believe that monsters are in my closet! Satrapi's drawing are of course black&white. In a way the drawings help emphasize the piont of the novel& it helps explain more, adds more emotion to the story.

6.) The revoltion spread power by violence, force, religon & guns ( thats what i thought it was.) It doesn't matter if your rich, middle-class, or poor, if someting's gonnna happen, it realy gonna happen. It just deoends what side that your on. Lets take the Chinese Cultral Revolution, it was basically like Marji's revolution, exceppt in this revolution, all of the rich, smart, educated, were killed, or at least "went on a vacation" like what Marji said. And in deed, both were for the poor people rebeling. All those people left because they probably felt that it wasn't safe to live there anymore, like the boy, who she really liked, he left. And some of her relatives also left for America. I think that the reason why her parents didn't leave with her has to do with their loyalty to thier contry. To some people, weither it means life or death will stay. And her parents probably thought about their grandma. It pretty common among young kids to adapt to new places, & hard for older peole to adapt. Marji wouldve adpated better to the new envoiroment than her parents. & thats probably because she still has a long time to live. Where as her parents and her grandma are already used to "their" life...You know once in a while, my parents & grandma will say , "if only i was back at Laos, things would've been different, you would've have two or three kids already."SO they seent her away to have a new life, & for safety.

8.)In her memoir, hte civilans are completey monitered, and kept in check my gns and violenece. Remeber when her family went to the celebration of the little boy who was just recently born, there were sirens. Yep, that kept them in check.. You see, when they heard hat siren they know tat that meant they had to dissapear. & I think that religon, power, guns, probably keot people from being free. I remember reading, & looking at all the tanks and soldiers killing people. & after the soldiers finished killing people, there werent that many protests anymore. & I guess there "small: acts of disobedience" would be Marji's listening to music, her mom not wearing the veil, the family getting together, even thought they were ordered not to. In other terms to seems to be like the 18th amendmant, the banning of alcohol. Even though it was banned people still did it, and at th end it was repleaed.

No comments:

Post a Comment