Shenggie =]

!@#$%^&*(O)

A Glimps of ME.

My photo
Mpls, in lala land
10 Facts About me you should know; 1. I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters 2. I like taking pictures (of myself of course 3. My favorite color is Green 4. I am a big time TWIlIGHT FAN 5. My current favorite k-drama is Boys Before Flowers 6. I am a Junior to be... hahas 7. My favorite subjects are Math& Science 8. I love my IPOD 9. My favorite drink is mountain dew super nova style 10. My role model is my oler sister.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Composition Reflection Essay

Yeah, thanks Erin, for making me do this project on the weekend! & I definalty hate, hate this slow internet! Lol, and after 2 hours of "hard labor" I have to write this, KK nvm, I'm thankful for auto save now. I thought that this essay was gonna go to watse.

When I first thought about what was gonna go on my feed, it was instantly clothes, music, hair, fashion, Ipods, cell phone, shoes, movies, and more nuisance, but after refleting upon it for a while, I figured out that all of these things wouldn't matter to me if I don't have #1) family, #2) a goal, #3)People to share it with, #4) the money to buy it, & #5) the smarts to analyze things, by myself & not "pop culture to decide for me!" So I'm gonna try to balance the things on my feed. Comformity(what pop culture has) Vs. Individuality(what I would personally have)!

Thought I don;t think that my feed will be like the "teen" feed, my feed does say something about American culture. Its message; even though there are a lot of teens who do reckless & stupid stuff, there are also teenagers that do think before they do things & they don;t hve to be nessacerily nerdy!

Consumerism & Anti-Consumerism; Me, personally I woudn't take a side. But I do think that there is a limit to which we can buy things. I would say that going to a store to buy a couple pairs of shoes is ok, but then bying like 50, its over doing it. And especially if it hrts you in the end. Like Quendy, she got artifical lesions, all over her body, and what was it for? To make her look cool! And she actually paid money for it! I would never do that!

For me to say that the media, consumerism, reliance on technolgy, and/or popular pop culture doesn;t affect or mold me, I would be lying, but I don't let it shape me completely too. To be truthful I don't know weither pop culture molds us or we mold pop culture, because without people, there is no pop culture & with pop culture there's not trend. Asking that question is like asking "What comes first, the Chicken or the egg?" Ha! Answer that Erin. =] Pop culture helps define me by the way i dress, i guess. (just minus my fobbyish ways.) For example I'll rather wear a skinny jean than wearing bell bottoms. And I'll rather listen to Wonder Girls than let' say Alvis or something.

The author's message or "moral" to me, is simply warning us that if we do become a consumers socitey and don't give bak, we're gonna ruin ourselves. Remeber at the ending there was black snow falling down, and you can see Titus's mother teeth, even when she had her mouth closed. Yucky isn't it?

Yes, I do think that people is something without the feed. Throughout the book , I felt like the author only showed people who was dependant on the feed, and neglected people who didn't need the feed. Like Violet's daddy, all that we knew about him was that we was made fun of, and doesn't have a feed. The author didn't even metion the other 30% of the population that wasn't relying in the feed. Sometimes people focuse too much on the bad things rather than the good things & vice versa.

Everything must go, everything must go, everything must go!
It's telling us to don't by a lot of things & the author is trying to remind consumers if they go to far out like Loga, then technology isn't gonna save them. Nobody will.

No comments:

Post a Comment