Shenggie =]

!@#$%^&*(O)

A Glimps of ME.

My photo
Mpls, in lala land
10 Facts About me you should know; 1. I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters 2. I like taking pictures (of myself of course 3. My favorite color is Green 4. I am a big time TWIlIGHT FAN 5. My current favorite k-drama is Boys Before Flowers 6. I am a Junior to be... hahas 7. My favorite subjects are Math& Science 8. I love my IPOD 9. My favorite drink is mountain dew super nova style 10. My role model is my oler sister.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cat In The Hat- Evaluative Essay

In the book, Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss, the fish is dominated by the "superego."
The fish contributes to book by adding more chioces for the narrator and Sally to choose from, (the safe guy,). When the Cat came in & said that they could have fun, the fish' reaction was for the Cat to get out. In other words, he and the Cat are total opposites, the Cat wants to have fun, the fish just wants to lay down and do nothing, the Cat wants to have Thing 1&2 inside the house, while the Fish wants them out! The reason why the fish is controlled by "superego" is because throughout the whole story he plays that role of "safety" and he is constantly reminding to the narrator, Sally, & the Cat in the Hat, that he doesn't like what the Cat is doing. For example, look that the fish's face expression when the Cat was juggling him along with seven other things. Looking at the face expression we can totally see that he isnt enjoying anything that the Cat is doing, his eyes are sort-of slanted, his eyebrows are raised up, his mouth is wide open, it looks like he is screaming from the top of his lungs, (if we can ever hear a fish scream?) & while the Cat is juggling the fish, the narrartor and Sally are staring at him, doing nothing & the Cat is like " yeah, its super fun!" So with that I sort-of gt a sense that the fish is the "super ego," because yeah a super big cat comes in and wants to show you "fun,", not a good idea, thats when you should call the cops.
Another prime example of the Fish's superego is towards the end of the book, when he sees the narrator and Sally's mother coming in. His face suddenly lights up, his frown was suddenly turned upside down. And the way the he talks, anyone reading the book can totally tell that he's sastified. Its like, he knew that he was right all along, and the Cat was the wrong one. He all extra like "I knew it, see, you should've listened to me, look at how messy your house s, your gonna be in so much trouble once your mommy sees this mess that the Big Cat made." & he akso worried because he's like "how are we gonna clean up all this mess in such a short time?" Its like he thinks that the is responsible for the well-being of the house, in other words, he is worried about what the mom would say once she sees the messy house, (& i know she woudn't like seeing her dress messed up by Thing 1&2) He knows how to play it safe, he's like to angel, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment