Shenggie =]

!@#$%^&*(O)

A Glimps of ME.

My photo
Mpls, in lala land
10 Facts About me you should know; 1. I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters 2. I like taking pictures (of myself of course 3. My favorite color is Green 4. I am a big time TWIlIGHT FAN 5. My current favorite k-drama is Boys Before Flowers 6. I am a Junior to be... hahas 7. My favorite subjects are Math& Science 8. I love my IPOD 9. My favorite drink is mountain dew super nova style 10. My role model is my oler sister.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1.)What do you notice about the language Anderson uses? What is his purpose for doing so? How is it effective?

The language that Anderson uses, I would say, is sort-of slanglish and preppy. Like instead of saying " Oh my god!," Calista says "Omigod!," and also on page 21 she says "Hon," instea of saying "Honey,"all the time. And it sort of works because draws in readers, we like "what is that dude saying?" I didn't notice it but when the class listened to the audio, I'm always thinking "This is really preppy! And it sort-of made me think that those teenagers are really Stupid!!!" i also notice the word "unit," they use it as what we teens use as "Dude!" I think the purpose of the author using that kind of language is to make the book seem more realistic, and the teens more like what we know what teens are today, stupid, arrogant and immature.

2.)Feed begins on a Friday, when out of boredom, a group of adolescents decide to spend Spring Break on the Moon at Ricochet Lounge. In what ways does this Spring Break compare with what you envision when you think of Spring Break (a major reason for going to the Moon was to go dancing)?

Feed's Sprig Break is waay' different than to what I envisioned what my spring break would look like. For one reason my spring break compared to other teenager spring break is really different. For my spring break all that I ever get to do is eat, babysit, clean the house, and thats probably it, nothing more. I guess its sort of that way because my family have only been here for 16 years. My parents are still not accustomed to their daughters going to the movies, or "having fun" because it would be considered "shameful" if a daughter does so. Ok...Getting back to FEED now, if i was a "regualar american teenager" my spring break wouldn't be that different than the in FEED, just minus the fact that they go out to the moon, because teens these day do go out to "dance/clubbing" and drink during spring break, which i don't think is any different then what the teenagers in feed are doing.

3.?What Are The "Lesions" A Reference To? What Causes Them? Is There Anything Similar Today?

Lesions to me, are sort of a reference to pimple or zits, they are something that people don't want or try to conceal. For example on page 21 Quendy totally freaked out about the lesion on her head. "Omigod! Like Big Thanks To Everyone For Not Telling Me That My Lesion Is Like Meg Completely Spreading" I think that lesions are created by the "feed" because computer chips aren't normal in us, and our body will naturally "reject it." Probably the lesions are the signs that the human body sign of resisting the feed. And the only thing that is similar to lesions are zits, pimple, or hair! And we deal with it the same way, hide, get rid of, or shave it off! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment